1. First Spanish Reader: A Beginner's Dual-Language Book
The methodology of learning a foreign language through storytelling has proven to bring consistent results and is becoming more and more popular among students and teachers. Its principal advantage is providing a context to new phrases and words, making them more meaningful and thus easier to retain. What’s more - it stimulates students’ concentration level by offering engaging and often entertaining study materials.
If you are a beginner student of Spanish and would like to give storytelling a chance, do take a look at the First Spanish Reader Dual-Language Book. It offers a collection of 41 one-page, fable-style stories arranged in such a way that different grammar tenses are introduced gradually, one by one.
At the end of the book, you’ll find a selection of exercises and a glossary of all the terms used in the stories. First Spanish Reader was first published in 1964 has already had fourteen editions, which gives you an idea about how popular this book has been among readers.
- various formats available, including a Kindle version at USD 6.36
- Amazon offers a look inside
- a variety of topics
- suitable for all ages
- it would be great to have a similar book for intermediate and advanced students
- Kindle version not suitable for side-by-side reading
- for intermediate rather than beginner students